Monday, July 6, 2009

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Monday is not my favorite day of the week. I have a hard time coming
back to work, especially after a fun holiday weekend. We went hiking
and spent time at the Dewey's. We enjoyed the pool, a bbq, fireworks,
etc. It was a perfect weekend.

On Saturday while the guys were playing "blood ball" in the pool, I
baked cookies. Josh was outside and the Dewey's love peanut butter so
I tried a flourless peanut butter cookie. No flour in a cookie? You
read it right. I was intrigued too. The recipe called for peanut
butter, sugar, baking soda, and an egg. How easy! Of course I had to
play around a little, so I added vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and
chocolate chips.

The cookies melt in your mouth. They are soft, delicate, and full of
peanut butter goodness. I am glad I added the chocolate chips,
everyone loved the peanut butter and chocolate combo. When I told the
group there was no flour in the cookies, they were amazed. No one even
missed it! I will have to kick Josh out of the house so I can bake
these again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment